“You’re where you are because your past choices. But that doesn’t mean you can’t change tomorrow… starting today.” — Barbara Ling, Virtual Coach
Wait a sec! Before I continue, I’ll bet you’re reading on your device or desktop and wondering to yourself:
“Jeepers Self, why should I be glad just came across this site?”
It’s because it’s going to enable you to:
- Give yourself confidence to succeed
- Embrace a Body Positive attitude that makes you achieve your goals
- Get Rid of the little voice in your head that says, I can’t this this!
- Give Rise To Superb mental, emotional, spiritual growth and confidence in your life
- Much more!
You’re about to discover that yes indeed, it *is* possible to develop the income and self-confidence you desire without:
- Falling prey to scams
- Spending thousands of dollars
- Stupid diets that never work
- Anything organic
- Ridiculous weight loss pills that end up smashing your metabolism
- Your self-confidence is only slightly bigger than an ant’s toenail
- You’ve never earned online before
- You’re handicapable and cannot do what everyone else does
- You’re more shy than mono-tone unicorn
- You are a baby-boomer whose “get up and go”… got up and went…. and hasn’t been seen for the last 93 years
This is my reality… and it can be yours!
Hey there, I’m Barbara Ling and I’m a:
- 18+ Year veteran Entrepreneur
- Mom of 4 kids
- Spouse of 23 years
- Moose wrangler (okay large rescue does, and also guinea piggies)
- Coffee enthusiast
Over the past 20 years or so, I’ve been (and still am) a Veteran Authority Marketing Innovator and blogger (since 1997). I’ve been featured in Inc. Magazine, Forbes, eCommerce Times and more. I’ve written dozens of books/ebooks about social marketing online, not to mention The Safe and Smart Internet Weight Loss Edge back in 2008 (to be updated soon!).
Now that I’m a babyboomer, however…..
Health issues have caught up to me to me.
- My ankle was fused in 2012.
- I now walk with a cane.
- Instead of good/bad days, I now operate on good/bad hours.
- In 2008 I lost 50+ pounds; in 2015 I gained 10 of them back. I’m currently reversing that trend.
Eh! Life happens.
And it causes changes. Like this one:
It was in 2015 that I realized its time to take control of my health, crummy as it might be.
So I started researching online what all the “health gurus” out there say.
And OMG, what a disgusting taste it left!!
I came across fear-mongers like:
- Food Babe who excels in scaring people about what’s in their food and shames them into buying only organic foods she recommends (and gets a cut of)….
- Freelee the Banana Girl who…. eat bunches of bananas
- Heidi Diaz the overweight individual who created the extremely unhealth diet fad “Kimkins diet” back in 2007 (shame shame shame, her diet put several folk into the hospital)
And don’t get me started on weight loss scams like:
- Celebrity diets
- “Get a Gym Body without Going To The Gym”
Or pie-in-the-sky income concepts like:
- “FORCE your Paypal to accept torrents of cash!”
- “Make $394873987 by Sneezing Your Toenails Off!”
- “Instant Cashola!”
Now, as an influential marketer online….
I *see* how these people/products build their following.
- Pander to your fears
- Sell you the dream of instant weight loss
- Shame you into feeling guilty
- Entice you by promising you your dreams
- Offer you a pushbutton solution (buy this product, take that pill, watch the pounds fall off, retire to Alpha Centuri!)
- Entice you to join their cult or army
and the like.
So long as your eyes are *open*, and you recognize *how you are being manipulated*….
Thing is….. you almost are never aware of the media’s hidden agenda.
And that’s a shame.
Upon realizing this, I decided to make demystifying the business, health and wellness industries my number one goal for 2016 and beyond.
I put my decades of Google search strategies (I learn how to get top 10 visibility in search engines back in 1997) into:
- Debunking popular food myths (like how ridiculous the public perception of “Organic == Healthy” is).
- Recognizing the scams lie in the marketing industry
- Uncovering the true gems that work (if you put in the effort, of course)
My industry experience with marketing made it easy for me to flag health and wellness public pandering techniques…
And this made it *simple* to recognize when the bullshit flowed in popular media.
Here on Virtual Coach, you’ll benefit from learning the truth about:
- The tools you buy
- The income you create
- The food you eat
- The exercises you do
- The body you can create
- Making the right purchasing decisions both in the grocery store and the gym
- Making it all work for you
and much much more!
And why should you listen to me? Excellent question – let’s now move to:
I’ve been an online researcher and trainer now since 1997. This site, Virtual Coach.com, was first created in 1997 – you can see I was one of the first for teaching Search Engine visibility.
My first training product, the Internet Recruiting Edge, was the only online resource to earn 5 stars from Inc. Magazine ‘way back in 1998: What’s Hot: Online Recruiting.
I’ve spoken at various marketing conferences as well as:
- Deloitte Touche
- Campbell Soup
- Continental Airlines
- The American Chemistry Society
- The Society of Human Resources, Mid-Atlantic Region
- The Society of Human Resources, Granite State
- The Society of Human Resources, Massachussetts
- The Association of Legal Professionals
and have appeared in or shared expertise via:
- Facebook Reaches for Mobile Gaming’s Brass Ring
- Forbes Press Release Matter But Not For Why You Might Think
- Forbes 10 Hot Tips To Help Cool Companies Avoid ‘Summer Melt
- Social Media History Is Being Made: Facebook’s Social Media Outrage Creates 150K “Likes” Fanpage
- Picasso or Starving Artist? The Eerily Unsettling Art of the Marketing Bandwagon Effect
- Business Superhero: Natural Disaster Planning To Ensure Your Business Is Fully Operational When The Lights Go Out
- Google Hangouts and Power Facebook Authority
- The BEST Memories You Can Treasure
Additionally, I wrote:
- The Safe and Smart Internet Weight Loss Edge over at Fab Fit Mom
- The Ultimate Google Hangouts Roadmap
- Success Tactics of the Mama Bear Mother
So what should you listen to me?
Because unlike bunches of fly-by-nights you’ll uncover online….
I have almost 20+ years experience under my belt when it comes to research.
And not only did I lose 50+ pounds 8 years ago….
I kept the vast majority off. And those pounds that returned….
I’m dissolving those as well.
Not only that…
… but for the past 4 years:
I have been supporting my family of 6 by my online marketing efforts.
Plain and simple…
I know what works.
And let’s talk about now:
Virtually all of the valuable content you see on this site is free; I’m happy to demystify the current scams you’ll see online!
However, often I will use my affiliate link to either:
- Recommend a product
- Demystify a product
- Review a product
That means if you purchase an item through my link, I will get a referral fee. It doesn’t increase the price for you at all… but it does go towards supporting my family and keeping the public content of my blog … .free.
So yep – if you see Amazon links… or eBay links… or product links…… chances are, it’s an affiliate link.
Btw, I really appreciate you reading this far! Let’s close with:
What You Just Learned
You just learned about The Virtual Coach, headed now by Barbara Ling, Virtual Coach. In this site, you’ll discover powerfully successful tips for:
- Making Money Online as a Baby Boomer
- Body Positive Self Image as a Baby Boomer
- Self Confidence as a Baby Boomer
- Demystifying The Scams in the Entrepreneurial, Health and Wellness Industries as a Baby Boomer
But you’re not done yet – it’s time for:
Your Next Steps
If learning the above intrigues you, please feel free to bookmark this site and right now….
Tell your friends about it!
After all, nobody knows everything….
But everyone knows at least a small bit of something!
Put all those bits together….
And you’ll develop a support system to carry you forward…. decades into the future.
Before doing any sort of business/eating/diet/exercising/fitness/body/ANYTHING change, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.
Check with your doctor or healthcare professional.
Barb Ling, aka Mama Bear aka The Virtual Coach, is::
- NOT a doctor
- NOT a healthcare professional
- NOT a registered dietitian
The information you find on this website is for educational and entertainment purposes ONLY.
ie, it’s NOT intended to diagnose or treat any condition/disease/etc.
No responsibility is assumed by the author, publisher or distributors of this information.
This information be never used in place of a licensed medical practitioner’s services., and no guarantees of any kind are made for the performance or effectiveness of the recipes, exercises, or other preparations that appear on this website.
Remember: An educated consumer is the best customer!
The Virtual Coach is a bacon-lovin’ organics-hatin’ non-apologetic baby boomin’ successful marketer over 50 years of age. Your mileage, accordingly, may vary.
Do your own research. You, and only you… have your own best interests at heart.
Take advantage of that.